Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Weird Dreams: Dominoes and Bones

Last night I had some crazy dreams. They involved:

1) Going to church on Easter and only five people being there.
2) Doing some kind of weird play where I forgot my lines.
3) Playing dominoes.

The weirdest one was number 3. I found myself trying to teach a group of friends to play, and nobody was really listening to me. I kept trying to tell them that the dominoes were called “bones.” They wanted to know why, and wouldn’t call them "bones" until I could explain it. I couldn’t explain it and kept getting more and more frustrated. It was quite traumatic. Then I woke up and had to pee like a racehorse.

The point of this story is: Does anyone know why they’re called bones? Where did that come from? I’ll sleep much better once I find out.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

I've never heard them called Bones before...but I'm sure wikipedia knows the answer! I love that place

Jason said...

Probably because that's what Captain Kirk would always call them. He called everybody and everything "Bones".

Actually, I bet it has something to do with dominoes being made of bones originally.

Arthur said...

For real? They were made of bones? I never knew that. That would've made my dream way more interesting. I'm going to look into that one. Wikipedia, here I come. Although I think I prefer your first answer.