Monday, October 09, 2006

Monopoly, Albatross, Wiener Roast and Colts

These fall weekends have really been awesome. I know it’s going to get really cold soon, but lately it’s been just perfect. Friday was another BBS group, followed by another heated game of Monopoly. I’m happy to say that the best man won and I found myself donning the green jacket for the fifth time. It was a ton of fun as always. Wish we could squeeze in another game before Ike leaves.

Then we had a campfire out back and sat around doing riddles. It took forever to figure out the first one. I’d never heard it before. It’s something like: “A man goes into a restaurant and orders the albatross. After eating it, he kills himself. Why?” It’s a pretty ridiculous answer that I won’t ruin for you here, but if you’re really curious you can start asking yes or no questions in the comments and I’ll reply. Might take you a while. If you already know the answer, please don’t ruin it for the rest of us.

Saturday we ended up going to Illinois for the family wiener roast. I had a lot of fun and always enjoy heading out to the farm. I think I’ll write up a different post about the ghost stories from that place, but that made it a ton of fun. We played some washers and had another campfire and it was a great time.

Then Sunday we got back late and I had taped the Colts game. I was fortunate enough to have the option of fast-forwarding through the first half and most of the second. Another pitiful game that we ended up winning. I don’t have anything to say about that. I guess I’m glad we’re still undefeated. So that was my weekend. This next weekend should be a lot of fun with Assafassa’s timios/bachelor party and wedding.

2 comments:

Liddy said...

Please tell me the answer. My college instructor asked the class this and whoever solves it gets raised one letter grade. I already have a theory I just cant put it together.

Arthur said...

Liddy- Hope you get a chance to come back and read this.

*SPOILER* Do not read if you don't want to know the answer to the riddle!

There are variations to the answer, but basically it's that the guy was shipwrecked. He, his wife, and one other man were stuck on a lifeboat. Eventually they ran out of food and his wife died. Later, the man had some meat that he was eating and gave it to the husband, saying he had killed an albatross. They both ate and survived. The husband then goes to a restaurant, orders albatross, realizes that he had actually eaten his own wife and not albatross and kills himself.

I'm sure there are lots of other answers, but basically it's that he realized he was a cannibal and that he hadn't really eaten albatross the first time.

Hope you get the extra letter grade! Cheater. :0