Monday, October 02, 2006

BBS, Monopoly, Sambuca, Colts Win!, Hippo poo = Great Weekend

I had another great weekend. Fall weekends are the best. The weather was perfect and it looks like it’ll stick around for at least another week. Sometimes it’s great living in Indy. I'll try to keep that in mind when I'm scraping ice off my car in a few weeks.

Friday we had a great BBS Group. Afterwards, four of us played a solid game of Monopoly. We let Ike win, since he’s only here for a couple weeks. He got the green jacket, which I’m quite upset about. It’s been nine months since my last win and it's about time I gave birth to another victory. I'm getting a bit nervous. But we had a great time and I was able to break out the old flask full of Sambuca.

Saturday my wife ran 20 miles in the morning before I even woke up. That made me feel like I did nothing the whole weekend. And I kind of didn’t.

Sunday was church and Colts. Peyton Manning saved the day. It was a fun game to watch and I wish I had taped it, just so I could watch that last play again. CBS cut their coverage of the game off way to fast in order to get the final seconds of the SD/Baltimore game. Anyways, Peyton’s got two rushing TDs in as many weeks, so things aren’t all bad for the Colts (and the fact they're 4-0). They’d better fix a few things in the near future though, starting with their health. Anyways, it was great entertainment, which is probably the most important thing to have in a football game.

The greatest thing I saw this weekend in front of the TV, was on Animal Planet. That’s such a great channel. They were doing one of their “Most Extreme” programs. It was like, “Most Extreme Gross Outs,” or something. Anyways, they showed a hippo pooping. That in itself is pretty funny. But for some reason, while a hippo is dumping, it will use its tail to fling poo all over themselves and anything else in the area. Imagine taking a handful of poo and flinging it through fast-moving fan blades. That's what it looks like. Only out of a hippo butt. I guess it marks territory and the poo keeps them cool from too much sun. It looks hilarious. I wish I could find a clip of it somewhere. If you find it, please let me know. Anyways, what a great show.

No comments: