Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2007. Another new year. I've never really done much resolution making, or reflecting on the past year. I'm not sure why I don't, but I just don't. It is weird to think about where I was a year ago and everything that has changed. I'm sure this next year will be full of even more changes. Such is life.

Friday, Dust got married. It was a lot of fun and the food at the reception was amazing. They served filet mignon with a butter knife. It could have been cut with those sporks we used to use in grade school lunches.

Saturday was camp and we played our first, and probably last, ten man game of Monopoly. It was fun, but a bit too much. The highlight of camp for me was playing football in the rain on Sunday. I can't remember ever playing in that kind of rain and it was awesome. We were soaked and muddy and felt like real manly men.

The Colts won, which was great news. I missed the game, so I'm not sure if we played well or not, but I'll take the win. If we can hold Larry Johnson to about 150 rushing yards next week, we should beat Kansas City (along with no turnovers and no special teams touchdowns).

It was a great way to ring in the new year. I definitely missed my wife though. Speaking of which, I came home Monday to find that she had cabin fever of sorts (or something). She decided to renovate our bathroom and change the color of the walls. I love my wife so much. We'll leave it at that.

No comments: