Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Colts in the Super Bowl?

I know it's not likely that the Colts will make it to the Super Bowl this year. But like Dungy always says, we're not just going to stop playing. So I'm going to hold on to hope and believe that it's possible. I don't think they can win in Baltimore and then in San Diego. I guess they could, but it's highly unlikely. So here's what needs to happen.

We need to keep Larry Johnson, and the Chiefs as a whole, at or under 150 rushing yards. We can't lose the turnover battle. We can't let them run any kickoffs past the fifty, and hopefully will keep the majority of those around the thirty. Then we should win that game.

Then we need New England to go into San Diego and unleash some magic on the Chargers. Brady can show Rivers what veteran leadership can do in the playoffs. Then we need to go into Baltimore and play a perfect game. Our defense needs to hold their offense to field goals only and our offense needs at least two touchdowns.

Then we get the next home game against New England where we finally do to them what they've done to us. Then it's on to roll over whichever team comes from the NFC. Man, when I look at it that way, I don't see how we won't make it to the Super Bowl. Anyways, I'm looking forward to this weekend. I hope it's an exciting game and that the Colts at least play their best. It's okay if they lose, as long as they don't make stupid mistakes and play poorly. It's been a fun season to watch, no matter what happens. Go Colts!

4 comments:

Luke Beecham said...

GO COLTS!

torporindy said...

I like your scenario.

Arthur said...

Yeah, it'd be nice.

Anonymous said...

Well, this turned out to be pretty highly prophetic...