Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Can the Bears Beat the Colts?

The Colts are expected to beat the Bears by at least 30 points in this Sunday's Super Bowl Game. Yes, that's an exaggeration, but you wouldn't know it from what you hear and read in the news.

Every person I talk to says the Colts are going to spank them. They all say the game will be over by the fourth quarter. Peyton's going to destroy the Bears' weakening defense and Rex Grossman is going to show why he's considered "the worst Super Bowl quarterback ever." I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

First of all, that's what everyone was saying about us when we were getting ready to play the Kansas City Chiefs. They said our defense would get destroyed and the Chiefs would run for 500 yards. Then they said Baltimore's defense was just too good. Defense wins championships, right? That's true, but it was our defense that proved that point. Then of course everyone says we can't beat the Patriots in the playoffs, and we did.

So, I get a bit nervous hearing this junk about how we're just going to spank the Bears. That just fuels their fire and I'm sure they're going to come out playing with a chip on their shoulder and with something to prove.

The good news is that the Colts are smart enough not to blow this game off and think it's going to be easy. At least I hope they are. It's fun for us to say they're going to kill the Bears, but the players better not be thinking that.

Anyways, I'm super excited and starting to get nervous and I just wish I didn't have to work. Hope it's a good game. And by that, I mean I hope the Colts win. GO HORSE!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohio St. vs. Florida, USC vs. Texas, Colts vs. Ravens, Patriots vs. San Diego.... those are games that have proven time and time again... it doesn't matter what people say! Teams with a chip on the shoulder are teams to look out for! The beginning of the season everyone predicted the Bears in the Superbowl and the Bears having an undefeated season... Now all of a sudden they aren't worthy? They are still the same Bears but now with a chip on their shoulder. The Colts can for sure pull this off but I don't think it will be nearly as easy as they predict.