Wednesday, December 06, 2006

When Common Courtesies Go Too Far: "Farts on a Plane"

My wife actually sent me the link to this story. This is one of those rare examples of taking common courtesies too far. Actually, I'm having a hard time thinking of other times when it is inappropriate to do something courteous. I remember a lady once got upset with me for opening the door for her. She assumed I was some type of misogynist pig. But I open doors for men too. Anyways, that's a bad example. Feel free to come up with your own.

Everyone appreciates someone who is willing to light a match after using the restroom, or passing gas (my wife demands it of me). But here is a situation where not only is it not necessary, it could very well be a Federal offense. I'll just let you read it for yourself. I feel sorry for whoever had to write a serious story about this event.

Flatulence on plane sparks emergency landing

No comments: