Friday, December 15, 2006

Friday Fun Time

It's Friday and I don't feel like writing, so it's time to play a few games. My friends are always more than willing to introduce good time wasters, so I'll pass them on to you. Have fun!

1) Line Rider: If you haven't played this game yet, you really don't know what you're missing. This link takes you to the newest version of the game. The purpose is to draw lines on a page, then watch as a little man rides his sled on your lines. I have to warn you that it's quite addictive. Be sure to check out all the videos of people who have made awesome Line Riders. Below is one of my favorites.



2) 1980's Nintendo Games: Thanks to Scruff for this one. This site has tons of 80's video games that you can play online for free. Luckily I haven't had time to waste here yet, but I'm sure I will. Some favorites you'll find here: Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Contra, Double Dribble, Castlevania.

3) Escapa!: I remember this from years ago. It's the one where you control a red square and try to keep it from touching the walls as blue rectangles come flying at you. Pointless? Yes. Fun? Definitely.

4) Double Wires: Thanks to Brian for this one. This one is too hard for me, but it looks fun if you can figure it out. You play a little man who has wires attached to his hands. The goal is to fling these on to lines above you to keep from falling down. Dangit, I can't explain, just try it out.

5) Boneless Bubble Girl: This isn't really a game at all. I remember getting it some time last year. All you do is watch a girl with no bones fall into a bunch of bubbles. It's quite mesmerizing.

6) Snake Game: This one is a classic. I used to play it all the time. It's the one where you're a snake and you go around eating apples or something. You can't touch the walls or your own tail. Good times!

7) Falling Sands: Draw lines to alter the direction of the falling sands. It's pretty cool, I guess.

8) Binball: I'm sure most of you have played this before. If not online, then definitely in real life. This takes the game of throwing a ball into a trashbin and puts it online. They use a soccer ball though. I remember playing one with a wad of paper a long time ago, but I can't find it now.

9) Mr. Picassohead: Now you can paint like Picasso. I only had time to do a quick one, but if you check out the gallery, there's some cool stuff out there. Try it out for yourself. Here's mine. I call it, "The Fall:"

No comments: