Monday, August 07, 2006

Summer Camp 2006

Just finished another week of camp, and it was awesome as always. I figured that this was my 14th year in a row going to the same camp. That means that none of the Jr. High boys that I counseled this year were born when I first went to camp. Crazy. And every year always seems better than the one before it. I know that’s not true, but it seems like it. This year we had eleven JHBs, which is a record for Jon and me. That was cool to have a big group. They were a great group of guys and we only lose three next year. So hopefully they all come back next year and bring friends.

I’ve been talking about this a lot already and I seem to say it every year, but I swear camp is like one of the best weeks of the year. I feel more like myself at camp than I do pretty much anywhere else. It’s like when you’re single and looking for that one person that you can be yourself around. Single guys are always looking for the good looking gal who still fits in like one of the guys. Camp is sorta like that. Like when I’m at work, I’m definitely not myself. I just do my work and get paid and nobody really has any idea who I am. My co-workers would be shocked to see me at camp. Anyways, all this to say that it was a great week and helped remind me who I am. It’s always good to get that once a year reminder. I’ll probably post more about camp later, cause there was tons of fun stuff that happened. Actually, I probably won’t, because I’m not very good at keeping up with blogging. Anyways, here’ s the link to our camp website. Can’t wait for next year!

Saint John's Camp

No comments: