Monday, August 21, 2006

Friday Night Men's Group (8.19.06): Mustard seeds and Limoncello

Well, we finally got the Men's Group rolling again last Friday. It really was a good group. Hopefully we can keep it up on a weekly basis again. Although it was odd not having the likes of Phil, Joel, Ike, Scruff and Caleb there. Life goes on though.

Luke was kind enough to host and to share some home-made limoncello. Limoncello is an Italian liquer that tastes, well, lemony. (Visit www.limoncello.com here for details) The real stuff I've had (real as in store bought) wasn't as good as Luke's. At least in my opinion. Luke told us how he made it, but I forget what he said. Sounds like it wasn't too hard. Whatever he did, it was worth it.

We then had a good discussion about having faith of a mustard seed and how to move mountains. Also what disciplines are required to cast out difficult demons. Needless to say, it was a great group.

We spent after group hours playing foosball upstairs. I've always stunk at that game, but had a surprisingly good time getting whipped. The rest of the weekend was great and I'll try to post about it later. Only a few more weeks till we head to Santa Barbara. I'm giddy!

Here's a quick recipe for making your own limoncello. This recipe is courtesy of Divina Cucina. (see left column of web page):

"Soak the zest of 5 organic lemons [I have no idea what the "zest" of a lemon is, but it sure sounds good] in 2 cups whole grain alcohol for 3 days.
(If you can't find the alcohol, use 100 Proof vodka and reduce the water to 1 cup.) Make a simple syrup by heating 2 cups of water and 1-1/2 cups sugar.
Mix together and strain out the lemon peels.
Keep in the freezer.
Enjoy!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Testing the blogger.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think this blog of yours is starting to turn into a Martha Stuart Living blog. Thanks for the recipe; I'm sure that I will get right on that.

Arthur said...

Ass.

Unknown said...

I was there drinking citrus instruments right alongside you.. in spirit.