Thursday, August 17, 2006

Wisdom of Dumbledore

I can’t believe it’s already Thursday. Life keeps rollin on. Yesterday was a fun little afternoon (it’s funny how my days don’t really seem to begin until after I get off of work. Another reason I wish I loved my job). Got to play some piano, then go looking for Rhoda who had run away. That was scary, but luckily she wasn’t gone long. By the way, Rhoda is a Seeing Eye dog for the blind lady next door. Then the wife and I had some dinner and played euchre and watched a movie. We saw The Constant Gardner. It was good, but not very uplifting.

The best thing about yesterday was probably finishing the Chamber of Secrets book on tape. I never got into the Harry Potter books until now, but they’re good. I really liked this one. Best quote (or one of them) was when Dumbledore (I’m not sure how stuff is spelled since I listen to it on tape, so sorry if things are wrong) says something about a person being known by their choices or something. Hang on I’ll find it…here we go:

"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

That’s such a good quote. Especially when you don’t like the job you’re in and struggling with who you are and what you want to do with your life. Especially in a society where people get paid millions for being able to jump high, sell high, hit hard and be attractive, and when they make stupid choices it doesn’t really matter. It’s a good quote to remember. I could go on, but I won't right now.

We’re playing frisbee tonight. It’s been awhile, so I’m looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MAN I miss frisbee downtown!! Did we ever get our picture in the Indy Star?

Oh, *ahem* and uh, good rest of the post too.

Arthur said...

Man, we never ended up playing that night. Just four of us throwing the bee around. It's still awesome though. Just a good spot.