Thursday, December 16, 2004

Clowns are SCARIER!!!

I recently did a post about how old ladies can be scary. I have decided to go back and write a post about each of the three things that scare me most:
1) Dolls
2) Clowns
3) Pictures of dolls and clowns
4) Old ladies
5) Scariest things on the internet

Today I will talk about my fear of clowns. Apparently this fear has been given the name, "Coulrophobia." I found that out thanks to The Indexed Phobia List. Now, coulrophobia is a strong word, and I don't know if it really applies to me. I just think clowns are really scary. To find out if you actually have coulrophobia, click here.

After thinking for a while about why clowns scares me, I have came up with a few answers. First of all, I know that clowns are just people, like you and me. Except scarier. And I don't think all clowns scare me. I mean, I don't get scared of clowns in a circus, and Ronald McDonald doesn't really scare me. As long as he's peddling burgers and not taking money from a toll booth late at night.

I think what scares me, is clowns who are in places where they're not supposed to be. For instance, if I were walking down the street and a clown just popped out of the bushes with a balloon animal, that would scare me way more than some thug approaching me with a gun. Or if I could choose between having an angry Mike Tyson backing me into a corner; or this clown backing me in a corner,

I'd take Iron Mike on every time. Or if I were to wake up in the middle of the night to find three escaped mental patients leering over me while wielding butcher knives, that wouldn't scare me half as much as waking up to see these three.


Unless the mental patients were dressed up in clown suits.

And clowns that try to be scary, or are dressed up to be scary don't scare me as much as the real thing. For instance, this isn't that scary to me:


But this scares the crap out of me:


The only thing possibly scarier than clowns, would have to be dolls. I'll have to save them for another day. If I can bring myself to even talk about them.


...And finally, proof that I am not crazy:


Scariest things on the internet

No comments: