Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Feline Fanatics

In my wanderings through the incredibly inexhaustible world wide web, I came across something that was truly ridiculous. It's called The Infinite Cat Project. It is a site where they take a picture of a cat, then place that on the computer and take a picture of a cat watching that cat, and so on. It isn't exactly infinite, but for all intents and purposes, the title is fitting.

I didn't spend a whole lot of time on the site, so my information may be incorrect. As I understand it, someone took a picture of a cat looking at a flower, then someone else took a picture of their cat looking at that one. Well, Mike Stanfill decided to compound this picture into infinity. The best thing about it is that you can get your own cat in on the fun. As long as it is a picture of your cat looking at the most recent pic. So your very own cat could have it's place in the Infinite Cat Project.

There are stranger things out there, I'm sure. But this one was worth noting. The Infinite Cat project STARTS HERE, and ENDS HERE. Here is a shot of one of my favorites, although I didn't get very far along: (#23; Wookie)

No comments: