Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The Polar Express



Yesterday I saw
The Polar Express
.
Now, I hate the fact that it cost dang near twenty bucks to go to a movie with a date, and personally, almost no movie is worth that price. However, if you are a frequent movie-goer and don't mind prices, then you should go see this movie.

Tom Hanks was awesome, which is weird because it's just his voice. But they make his character so much like him somehow. I can't explain. And all of the characters are so believable. I've never read the book, but I'm guessing they didn't change much.

The main characters are kids that I swear I know personally. The animation is incredible. And they do a great job with the scenes and making them feel dream-like. Whatever process that's called.

It was nice to feel like a kid again, get excited over little things, let my imagination loose for a bit, and actually believe in a train that takes you to the North Pole. I liked the music too, for whatever that's worth.

Anyways, if you have a kid, you should definitely take them to this movie. And if you want to feel like a kid again, you should definitely see this movie. I was impressed.

My favorite character? The ghost. Followed closely by the know-it-all.

No comments: