Thursday, November 18, 2004

ABC: "Another Booty Call?"

If you happened to miss the ABC promo aired just before Monday Night Football on, well, Monday night; then you missed the next controversial prime-time programming "affair." The promo showed a towel-clad Ms.Sheridan (Desperate Housewives) in the locker room with Terrell Owens in full uniform. She eventually lost the towel and jumped into his arms.

Yes, Disney has come a long way. (Disney owns ABC) The saddest thing about this was that I wasn't shocked at all when I saw it. That kind of thing just seems like the norm nowadays. The only reason I even blog about it now is becuase there was an interesting article in today's sports page about it. I guess good ol' Coach Dungy is pretty upset. He goes as far as to call it racism. Dungy is awesome. I'm glad I'm a Colts fan.

Needless to say, the promo was tasteless, pointless, unedifying, and stimulating. Like most television these days. Just a bunch of trash. Ah well. "Are you ready for some football?"

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Congrats, you're the first blog I've seen on this. I too thought it was no big deal (I didn't see it on Monday Night Football, but later on ESPN). It was a tongue-in-cheek tie in to another ABC show that spoofed both "Desperate Housewives" and its audience. However, very few people got the spoof part and couldn't see past the nudity (of which there was none and it was only hinted at). Welcome to value conscious America.