Friday, February 09, 2007

No Bears Fans Allowed!

I was recently reminded of something I already knew during this last Super Bowl: Few things are more annoying than fans rooting against your favorite team. We had a large party for the Super Bowl; a house full of blue and white die-hard Colts fans. We also had a single Bears fan.

If you've ever had to endure a big game while listening to somebody cheer against your team, you know exactly what I'm talking about. The Bears fan was a sweet girl who I already know and I know she's a great person. But I swear, to hear her celebrate when the rest of us were so upset (like during a turnover), is like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard. You could just feel that most of us were this close to punching her in the throat. I don't like to feel that way about a person, especially someone who I know is a great person.

I'm so glad the Colts won, because it would have been unBearable to watch her celebrate. I probably would have shot myself. Or her. Or both. Anyways, just thought I'd point out that fact. Definitely one of the most annoying things. Ever.

No comments: