Friday, November 09, 2007

Manbercrombie and Fitch



I'm so jealous of the folks in New York who get to participate in Improv Everywhere. Most of you already know that I would love to do this kind of stuff on a regular basis. Anyways, they're latest mission is fffffabulous!

They took a group of men, had them all go to Abercrombie and Fitch, then simultaneously removed their shirts. Awesome. Brilliant. Of course, if you've seen Abercrombie and Fitch, you'll know why this is so hilarious. They have models who stand around half naked, advertising...clothing? Oh, okay.

Here's one of my favorite pictures. It's one of the men with the Abercrombie model:



Try to guess which one is paid to be there. Haha! No, really.

I love that they're mocking this overpriced, terribly marketed, horribly carnal establishment. The best part is that they were all actually kicked out. When this happened, they should have all gathered around the real model and started saying, "No, I'm the real model. I'm paid to be here! Take this man away!" That would be great.

Check out the video of the whole event below and be sure to read the details here: Improv Everywhere: No-Shirts

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And I thought we were exaggerating when we created the No-shirt Shirt!

Unknown said...

When are we going to do one in Indy?

Arthur said...

Phil- That's a dang good question. If I had any idea how to organize one, I'd totally do it. Or if someone else organized it, I'd totally be there. I just hope when it finally does happen, I'll get the call to participate.