Thursday, March 16, 2006

2 Months and Counting

Well, I've been married for two months now. I can't believe how fast the time has flown. It seriously feels like yesterday. But we've already started getting into a rhythm in our lives and it's kind of weird how normal it all feels.

After two months, I'd say the best thing has been just knowing wherever I am or whatever I have to do, I will always get to come home to the wife. We used to get anxious or whatever if I was going to be out late and we wouldn't have much time together in the evenings or something. But now, it's like we don't care. Probably cause she's getting sick of me already.

The hardest thing is learning what stupid little things I do hurt her. I'm talking about the little things that I think are nothing and don't even consciously do, but they add up and eventually we have to talk about them. I'm sure that takes a lifetime to figure out. Doing budget stuff has been difficult too.

The most interesting thing seems to be how much more I start to act like her. Maybe not so much when I'm around other people, but when it's just the two of us I start picking little things up and vice versa. Like the other day when she farted or when I sat down to pee. That never happened before. Seriously though, it's like when we're together, we have this third person that we both become or something. I can't explain it. I guess you'll just have to get married to understand.

I guess it's like that with anyone though. The more time you spend with someone, the more you become like them. Same with the music we listen to, tv, movies, books, whatever. That's why I need to remember to pray more often and go to services and read the Bible and other good books. Eventually that stuff has to rub off on you.

I'm just glad I married a woman who I love rubbing off on me. Err...

No comments: