Monday, March 06, 2006

How much crap do you have to sell to cover it up?

So I was in Brown County this last weekend and had a fun time staying in a cabin with the in-laws playing pool and ping-pong and Yahtzee, and we went to Nashville, IN to look at the little shops and stuff. If you've been, you know how it is, and if you haven't, I'm sure you've been to a similar place. It has tons of little shops that have been around forever and sell a variety of different knick knacks and candies and art and so forth. So anyways, it's always fun to go through these shops on a nice day with a few friends.

Well, while we were going through them, I got to thinking about how much utter crap was out there. I often think this when going shopping at a Wal-Mart or any store really. They have just a ton of stuff that can't possibly be sold. I mean a ton of it. So what the heck happens to all of it? And how much of it do they have to sell to cover buying all that crap? It really is amazing. Maybe I just don't realize how much junk people really do buy. I don't know. But it seems like they would be forced to just throw most of that stuff away. I don't see how they stay in business. Anyways, just a thought for the weekend.

The best shop was J Bobs and we tried some of that Ass Kickin' Hot Sauce. I think the actual name of our brand was "Sphincter Shrinker" or something like that. It threw Jon into a coughing fit and I was too scared to try more than a bit on the tip of a toothpick. Good stuff.

No comments: