Monday, July 24, 2006

Weekend (7/23/06)

Another wedding over the weekend. Friday night we had the timios and bachelor party in our garage. I had a lot of fun. It was good to see some of the old guys again and it’s always good to hear some marital advice. We played beer pong until the wee hours of the morning and that was pretty fun too. I don’t know if I’ve ever played a serious game before. It’s pretty frustrating, because I always thought it would be fairly easy. We had a Hiatt Street reunion team going at the end of the night. Good times.

Sunday we heard that Fr. Joseph Morris is going to be leaving our parish. That is really sad, but I’m glad for him. This is something he has wanted for a while now. I really will miss him. Dangit. Lately I almost wish we could go live somewhere else for a while. We never really hang out with people anymore, unless it’s family or a special occasion. Not sure why that is, but it is. Then I question why we’re living in this neighborhood when we don’t really hang out, don’t go to the church here, and hate dealing with all the crap that goes along with the hood. Then the church I do go to loses the main reason I wanted to go there in the first place. Maybe this is just a phase I’m going through or something, but I just feel tired. Anyways, camp is next week which should be refreshing. It’ll be busy though. I wish I had a few days off after camp to rest up a bit.

No comments: