Thursday, July 20, 2006

Weekend (7/16/06)

This last weekend was a very “cultured” one. Friday night we went to Symphony on the Prairie, mostly to hear the Rachmaninoff piece. It was worth it.

Then on Saturday we went to see Les Mis. That was awesome. Then Sunday we had a cookout at the Lee’s and found out that they are pregnant as well. So that makes Suz and Eric, Ric and Liz, Jon and Ali, and Anna and Jared. Crazy. That was a fun time too.

The highlight of the weekend for me I think was the Symphony. And not really because of the music, although it was great. First we had a little picnic and the sun started to go down, which was great because it had been dang hot before that. So then the sun was setting and it was an awesome one and I was ticked that I forgot to bring the camera, cause a rainbow came and joined the sun. Then we got to lay down on a blanket in the grass and look up at the sky. The music was in the background and except for an obnoxious couple that kept talking, it felt like a dream or something. I can’t remember the last time I had just laid down on the ground and looked up at the sky. It really was relaxing. If you haven’t done that recently, then I suggest you give it a try. I imagine before television and radio and all the other distractions we have now, people probably used to just lie down and watch the sky all the time. I’m not kidding, if I could choose how I want to die, that would probably be it. It was so peaceful. So that was the highlight of my weekend.

No comments: