Friday, June 29, 2007

Creative Advertisement

I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but when I do, I'm always amazed at how many crappy commercials are out there. They all just seem so ineffective. I realize that they must work on most people, because I know that tons of money is spent figuring out how to make people buy things. And these dumb commercials are the result of that research.

Maybe it's just because I'd rather be entertained than informed when seeing an advertisement or commercial. If I want to be informed, I'll do that research on my own. If you are giving information, at least try to present it in an entertaining way. Anyways, I just wish commercials were more creative and entertaining. And I'm convinced that car dealerships do not spend any time researching how they should do a commercial.

Anyways, I just came across this really creative advertisement and it sort of sparked all that. Nothing too special, which is why it boggles my mind that there aren't more of these. I don't even know what they're selling, but it mentions something about talktalk. That was enough to make me google it to see what they were about. See? Effective advertising.

4 comments:

Joshua said...

Nice! You know its quality because the narrator has a British accent. :-)

Arthur said...

That's hilarious...I never watched it with the sound on until you said something. And you're right, if it's said with a British accent, that means quality.

Brian said...

It's gotta British because they would never have the slogan "Let's do it together" in America.

Anonymous said...

It has a British accent because it was an ad shown in Britain for a service only available in Britain.