Monday, April 23, 2007

Walkabites

This is my last week at my current job and I'm having a heck of a time staying focused on my work. I work in a room with four other people and we all have our own desks. My old ping-pong opponent works across the room from me. He never does any work anyways, so he'll frequently pester me with random questions or throw Nerf-type balls at me throughout the day.

In retaliation, I frequently shot rubber bands at him. Today I found out that he has been throwing away the rubber bands, so I can't keep using them. So I've decided to start using walkabites.

Walkabites are pieces of ammunition made from paper or paperclips. You take a small piece of paper and fold it into a smaller "bullet." I prefer the 3X2 walkabite. This means folding the paper length-wise three times and then two times over that. This should give you a sturdy walkabite.

Then you place a rubberband in between your thumb and middle finger (left hand if you're right-handed). Put the walkabite into the rubberband and you've created a type of slingshot. Pull back on the walkabite and let 'er rip.

I just shot my coworker in the cheek from about ten yards away. It's more fun than you can possibly imagine.

Using a paperclip is like making armor piercing walkabites. They should only be used in the most extreme cases.

If you can think of anything else funny and somewhat harmless that I can do for the next few days, please leave a comment and let me know. Your brilliance is appreciated.

No comments: