Just a few thoughts about the Monday Night Football game:
1) I don't like Tony Kornheiser doing MNF. I'm a big fan of PTI, but he just doesn't work here. And it was really annoying in the first quarter, during an exciting game, to hear him keep bringing up crap about the football god, Tom Edward Brady. For pete's sake, save that for the end of the game when nobody's watching. It's bad enough that we have to hear about it everywhere else in the media, why talk about him in the middle of drives during an exciting game?
2) I hate the celebrity appearances in the 3rd quarter. Hate is not a strong enough word. I loathe it. I'm sure it probably gives them more viewers, or they have some statistic or dollar sign to justify it, but for a real football fan, it's ludicrous. It's even worse than every station hiring their own Bonnie Bernstein to cover injury reports and sideline interviews.
3) Peyton Manning is not trying to make a statement about being overshadowed by Tom Brady. Why did they bring this up like 50 times? Stupid! Do they honestly think he's thinking about that? You guys are morons! Who cares? And all he's thinking about this week is Carolina. Look, the Pats/Colts game on Nov. 4 is a huge game, nobody is debating that and I know it makes for great ratings and will be hyped up. But Monday night's game was ten times more significant for the Colts. If you think Peyton is worried about Brady breaking his record, or stealing headlines, or any of that crap, you don't know a dang thing about football.
4) Hagler is really playing well. I remember the first time I noticed him was in the Kansas City playoff game last year. It was a punt return and he just leveled the guy. I remember us saying, "that guy got 'Haglered.'" How about that? I just found the clip:
5) The play of the game for me was Sanders making a one on one tackle when they went for it on 4-1. Odd play call from Jacksonville, but we'll take it.
6) I don't think I've ever seen the Colts get a safety. Now if we could only return a kick for a touchdown.
7) Peyton was awesome. There were a few huge plays where he would stay in the pocket for one extra second in order to make a play downfield. And he got punished for it almost every time. Anyways, everyone knows Peyton is awesome.
8) Great game by the Colts. It's been so long since I've seen them lose a game, I'll probably be depressed when it happens.
9) GO HORSE!