Thursday, October 14, 2004

To Blog, or not to Blog

Well, I've decided to give this whole blogging thing a try. I'm not sure how it'll turn out, and I"m almost positive that I won't be able to keep up with it as much as I would like. I've had journals before, and never really kept up with them either.
So, who actually comes to read these? Do I have to invite people or something? I guess it doesn't really matter though, because I'm not writing this for someone else. Which brings me to the question: why Blog?
I am sure there are many reasons to Blog. Some people may have a deep desire to be heard, others may be hoping that through their own personal Blogs they may find a deeper understanding of who they are. As for me... I'm just incredibly bored at work. So here I am, Blogging away, somehow getting paid for it, and not very happy about it all.
So now the decision is what to Blog about. Do I Blog about work? family? religion? politics? relationships? Does it matter? No, of course not. Especially if I am doing this for myself, and not for some random person who may come across this Blog.
So in the future, "Life in the Shadows" will discuss all of these things and more. If you are a random Blog-checker, feel free to comment on whatever you see. If we're lucky, we'll find some deeper meaning as to who we are. But at the least, it will help a boring day go by a little faster.

No comments: