Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Mawwaige

Well, I get married in like 3 months. That's pretty crazy. But even crazier is that I leave for my brother's wedding this coming Wednesday. I mean, it still doesn't feel like it's really happening. I'm so excited for the trip and the event, even more so than my own. I get to head out west to sunny CA, my fiance gets to meet all the family out there (which is going to be interesting), and I get to watch my only brother get married. Crazy.

I'll tell you what though, planning for a wedding is a freaking joke. I can't believe all the stuff that has to be done. I'm glad wives are involved, because I would be clueless. I've met with two photographers (along with the bride and mom-in-law), and confirmed that I know nothing about what makes a good/creative picture/album/package. The whole time all of the women were looking at stuff, saying how nice this is and how cute that is, and I swear everything looked the same. Afterwards, I was pretty sure we had found what we wanted (based on how positive everyone seemed during the meeting), only to find that this person was uncreative and apparently I could do the same by going to Sam's Club to develop my pictures. It goes to show that even when women are being nice and polite, that doesn't mean they like you. It also goes to show that if I planned a wedding, I'd have the ushers double as photographers and get the film developed at Sam's Club. Needless to say, I'm not meeting with any more photographers.

And when did people start having to buy a ridiculously enormous cake for everyone? I'm lost on that one too. It makes more sense to have a bunch of little desserts and such. Nobody really likes the cake anyways, it's more of a decoration than a food. And I wish I didn't have to spend so much time dancing with people. I'm gonna be dang tired. At least there's the dollar dance, which is always pretty awkward. And why do we have to have a "wedding song" that we dance to together in front of everyone? I don't like dancing much in the first place, let alone trying to fabricate a romantic moment in front of a bunch of people who are pretty bored and half drunk by this point anyways. Then everyone gets on the dance floor and half of the guys head toward the keg. Fun times.

In all seriousness though, I couldn't be happier for my brother or myself. I'd say we both got pretty lucky and hopefully we will both raise happy, loving, Godly families. I just wish I could move my friends, family and fiance out to Santa Barbara.

I really am excited and I'll be glad when the whole show is over. Right now I'm just looking forward to seeing how my brother handles it. Should be a lot of fun.

No comments: